Be a part of something great
You’ll be working closely with our Accounts Team Operations Manager and Account Management focused Strategists on a daily basis, providing support for them so they can, in turn, assist our clients in succeeding online. You will also guide our team to ensure the production of their absolute best work — in line with our experience, reputation, and expectations for excellence.
An Accounts Coordinator handles everything from creating and preparing data reports, to helping prepare and review client-facing materials to administrative duties. You’ll also be helping our team manage the high volume of meeting and project information within our internal systems.
Ultimately, you’ll be working with a smart, energetic team in support of our current clients.
- Support account operations manager and account management team on a daily basis with a wide variety of administrative tasks.
- Manage CRM by adding and updating deal and customer records in an accurate and timely manner.
- Take detailed and accurate notes on internal and external calls.
- Make updates to historical customer and project data.
- Create and maintain deal/customer reports, as directed by leadership.
- Run and maintain financial and other reports.
- This role will be part-time (24-32 hours per week depending on the right person, with the expectation that you will work a set schedule of at least a couple hours each day).
- US time zones.
- You both have experience with and appreciate creating and editing documents (Google Docs and/or Word) and spreadsheets, including formatting and formula management.
- Your friends and relatives sometimes get annoyed with how strict and unrelenting your attention to detail can be.
- You are not just comfortable juggling multiple, competing priorities, you thrive on the fast-paced nature of the work (it also doesn’t hurt that it helps the day go by quickly).
- You enjoy taking high-level direction, filling in the blanks and following through, whether it be on research, creating reports, or other, and you neither need nor enjoy being micromanaged through the process.
- You may not necessarily be a whiz at either, but you’re not afraid of interacting with both data/numbers and words/language on a daily basis. You recognize that formulas and calculators are our friends, and that the real value is in how you assemble and present the info.
- You have familiarity and hands-on experience with web technologies, specifically CMS platforms.
Nice to have
- Experience working in a digital agency.
- Knowledge of and familiarity with WordPress.
- Previous experience working remotely (either full- or part-time).