Be a part of something great
Associate Directors of Client Delivery are responsible for overseeing the successful delivery of client work, maintaining operational functions, and nurturing personnel in a grouping of teams. The primary functions include: ensuring proper adherence to 10up standards and processes; facilitating quality project outcomes in alignment with established scopes, timelines, and budgets; proactive personnel development, performance remediation, and escalation resolution; productively collaborating with discipline directors and the Accounts team to support expectation management and client satisfaction across projects; and delivering against established production metrics (billable targets, forecasting accuracy, etc.).
- Facilitate quality client outcomes in alignment with established scopes, timelines, and budgets for 10 - 20 active client projects managed day to day by other PMs.
- Execute PM-centric Project Checkpoints and facilitate the completion of cross-discipline Project Checkpoints throughout a project’s lifecycle.
- Proactively monitor and report on project progress and budget performance across the group’s active client work, ensuring projects / tasks are delivered with quality, on schedule, and on budget.
- Support team leads and project managers in aligning client expectations with agreed upon project scopes, timelines, and budgets. Facilitate internal escalations to Accounts as needed.
- Promote client empathy across teams, inspiring solution-oriented, consultative approaches to client challenges.
- Manage resource sharing across teams to maximize delivery efficiency with support from the Project Resourcing Manager, including identifying training and internal project opportunities for short term availability and project gaps.
- Maintain 14 hours / week (35%) of billable work.
- Directly manage 3-4 Team Leads, supporting delivery of client work, personnel management, and achievement of established production metrics.
- Conduct regular one-on-ones (twice a week) with direct reports with an emphasis on continuously improving project approaches and outcomes as well as each individual’s overall performance.
- In collaboration with discipline directors, proactively nurture the long-term growth and development of production personnel through proactive goal setting, director-level coaching, and allocation of professional development funds.
- Ensure regular verbal and written feedback loops between Team Leads and production personnel, celebrating successes and identifying areas of improvement.
- Oversee compilation and delivery of performance reviews with support from team leads and in collaboration with discipline directors to ensure comprehensive feedback / evaluations. Facilitate compensation reviews and adjustments with the Executive team.
- Serve as the first point of internal escalation when an employee’s performance fails to align with expectations (billability, work quality, consultative value, conduct). Support team leads in delivering effective verbal and written feedback. Act as an escalation point for frustrated production team members.
- Develop, deliver, and execute Performance Improvement Plans (PIPs) to address and remediate continued employee performance issues. Report PIP progress to the Production Management team.
- Serve as the initial point of contact for policy questions. Facilitate understanding of policies, address concerns, and escalate as needed.
- Participate in recruiting, interviewing, and vetting PM talent to support continued discipline scaling / maturation.
- Exhibit week-to-week ownership of forecasting using 10up’s forecasting tool (10,000ft). Drive proper adherence to forecasting processes as they relate to booking tentative, confirmed, internal, and overhead assignments with an emphasis on forecasting accuracy.
- Facilitate weekly timesheet reviews in coordination with team leads, emphasizing good timekeeping habits, understanding of billable vs. non-billable work, and proactive identification of estimate overruns.
- Monitor billable performance for all of the group’s production personnel and support team leads in aligning individuals with established targets.
- Support teams in achieving target effective rates across projects. Proactively assess the need for discounts to address estimate overruns, production errors, and / or poor expectation management.
- Review all of the group’s invoices to ensure accuracy, proper communication of billable value, and document any billable write-offs.
- Strategic understanding of 10up’s core services and ability to comprehensively leverage these disciplines to deliver superior client outcomes. A practical understanding of the WordPress platform is also required.
- Proven ability to master and facilitate adherence to existing and emerging company processes, standards, and tools.
- Enthusiasm for managing and improving team performance against established delivery metrics that support company scalability and profitability.
- Ability to form productive working relationships with the Accounts team and balance new business / client relationship interests with production realities.
- Excellent collaboration skills both with executive-level management, discipline directors, and peer associate directors.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, both internally and externally.
- Several years (preferably 5+) of project management experience delivering full scope web projects for enterprise clients, ideally in an agency environment.
- Demonstrated ability to lead high-performing teams—ideally, teams of 15+ individuals.
Nice to have
- Familiarity with Google Apps, Basecamp, 10,000ft, and Harvest.
- Experience working with Enterprise clients
- Remote working experience.