Be a part of something great
10up is seeking an Associate Director of Quality Assurance to lead the growth and development of a Quality Assurance practice. Working alongside project management, design, and engineering leadership, you’ll be responsible for defining -- and deploying -- a quality assurance strategy that makes sure websites and applications are launched successfully up to 10up standards, according to plan, without major quality control issues. You’ll guide the definition of formal Quality Assurance policy and process, and help us implement the tools that make it a success. Additionally, you’ll be helping lay down the groundwork for a developing QA practice.
Especially early in the role, you will be expected to spend at least ~50% of your time actively supporting QA efforts on 10up projects, either as the QA Specialist or ensuring application of the process. This is intended both to validate and mature the strategy with real world experience, and to recognize that most 10up leaders actively engage in key projects that can most benefit from their expertise.
- 5+ years experience supporting the development of web applications and software products.
- 3+ years experience specifically focused on quality assurance testing for web applications and software products, including cross-browser and cross-device testing -- emulated and on-device.
- 2+ years in a management position, hiring and leading teams: preferably with a focus on developing, implementing, and iterating on testing strategies and approaches to ensure continual software quality.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, alongside teams of Project Managers and engineers, to define quality assurance strategies throughout the software lifecycle.
- Experience working with remote (i.e. not collocated) QA testers.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) having worked directly with clients.
- Proven experience in successful quality assurance for software in all stages: from initial development to on-going maintenance, and everything in between.
- Broad familiarity with (and a clear point of view on) quality assurance trends and approaches, including manual testing, visual regression testing, and more.
- Eye for detail and a sense of design and user experience taste with regards to calling out bad experiences and visual inconsistencies.
Nice to have
- Familiarity with automated quality assurance testing approaches, including functional, unit, and integration testing, and experience in determining the appropriate testing approach(es) for unique challenges.
- Experience with automated testing frameworks (e.g. Selenium, Puppeteer, PHPUnit, etc), philosophically and/or in implementation.
- A strong familiarity with the WordPress ecosystem, e.g. knowledge of popular tools, plugins, frameworks, best practices, and conventions.
- Remote working experience.