Be a part of something great
10up is an award-winning full-service digital agency with a customer-centric service model and unrivaled leadership in open platforms and tools for digital makers and content creators. 10up’s services include user experience and interactive design, content strategy and creation, website and app engineering, SEO and online revenue strategy, and managed services. Our 250+ distributed team members provide end-to-end digital project expertise.
10up has a diverse client roster that includes Fortune 500 companies, influential content publishers, innovative startups, and impactful nonprofits. We’ve worked with some of the biggest names in the industry, such as Facebook, Google, Microsoft, Starbucks, ESPN, The New York Times Co., and Walmart.
10up has been leading the remote workforce movement for 10+ years. Our teams are distributed across six continents and 29 countries. All of our positions are fully remote (and always will be), and are open to applicants all around the world.
10up seeks a full-time, hands-on Billing Manager to lead the invoicing and collections processes for our Finance team. Success in this role requires a strong ability to organize one’s time, attention to detail, and strong communications ability as well as basic financial understanding.
This role is fully remote and is open to applicants located anywhere around the globe.
- Lead the monthly client invoicing process, including 1) Produce monthly client invoices for both time and material (“T&M”) and fixed fee projects, 2) Produce the initial deposit invoice for new projects, 3) Set up new project invoicing templates and instructions, in conjunction with the Accounts team, and 4) Ensure that billing is accurately coded and tracked to proper general ledger accounts.
- Development and implementation of policies and procedures to ensure timely and accurate billing
- Manage the investigation and resolution of billing discrepancies and errors.
- Manage accounts receivables collections process, including weekly AR aging reports and past due invoice follow up
- Oversees staff of one, who is responsible for assisting with billing and applying deposits
- Other ad hoc requests as necessary
- Associates Degree in Accounting or equivalent
- Three years experience in a billing role in services-based company
- Ability to identify needed reports and generate reports, using QuickBooks Online, Excel, Google Spreadsheets or similar tools
- Be able to multitask and work on multiple projects simultaneously
Nice to have
- Experience with digital agencies who specialize in website development
- Experience with QuickBooks, preferably QuickBooks Online
- Experience with Google Docs
- Remote working experience