Be a part of something great
Business Development Associates (BDA) are responsible for supporting company growth by assisting New Client Strategists with the pursuit of new customers and strategic growth of high opportunity accounts by crafting winning proposals. The ideal candidate has demonstrated the ability to support new business through a combination of:
- Leveraging exceptional written communication skills to distill and convey complex technical concepts in simple language to client stakeholders and decision makers.
- Developing and applying an understanding of 10up’s capabilities and craft to prospective client objectives and goals;
- Authoring and editing thoughtful, strategic, custom tailored proposals in response to formal RFPs and other projects of interest;
This position is ideal for technical writers, digitally passionate customer support representatives, growth-oriented relationship managers, or articulate engineers / digital product designers interested in transitioning into a business development role. As a growing company, 10up also offers opportunities for advancement within 10up’s New Client Strategy team.
- Write, edit, revise, and complete proposals, emails, and other business development documents.
- Communicate with BD leadership and prospects via calls, video conferencing, and in-person sessions to understand goals and define strategic and tactical plans aligned to their needs and 10up strengths.
- Contribute to strategic approaches to project opportunities and clients, in part by collaborating with other leaders.
- BDAs are expected to be available during core business hours in their time zone, with some overlap with all United States timezones (ability to meet as late as ~10:30 am pacific).
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Persuasive written and verbal communication skills in a remote (“pitch”) setting.
- Creative and critical thinking skills, to help formulate thoughtful, consultative solutions and approaches to a variety of prospective project opportunities that (1) are not always well defined by a prospect seeking our expertise, and (2) often vary greatly between opportunities.
- Ability to articulate complicated – and often highly technical – approaches and visions in writing to audiences with varying backgrounds and levels of expertise.
- Appreciation for design and attention to detail: modeling 10up’s craftsmanship by ensuring proposals, pitches, presentations and other material are well composed, constructed, and free from obvious omissions and errors.
- A genuine passion for solving unique prospect challenges by developing a deep understanding of their challenges and needs, sometimes including subtle cues or “between the lines” messages about their motivations or intentions.
- Competitive nature: thrives in and is inspired by a competitive landscape where wins infrequently come easily.
- Good time management and follow-through: the ability to balance and prioritize multiple opportunities and leads and be productive in a remote work environment without micromanagement. BDAs must be able to succeed with a level of autonomy and trust.
Nice to have
- Experience with digital, web design and/or build agency services.
- Hands-on experience with core 10up disciplines, e.g. back and front end engineering or UX and visual design.
- Familiarity with the WordPress and web development ecosystem, e.g. knowledge of popular tools, plugins, frameworks, best practices, and conventions.
- Experience presenting sales pitches in virtual and in-person formats.
- Experience with the digital marketing ecosystem of tools, e.g. Google Analytics, DFP.
- Experience using G-Suite (Google Drive / Docs / Sheets etc) and macOS (including Keynote, Pages).
- Experience working independently in a remote (work from home) environment.