Be a part of something great
The Design Team Lead is responsible for managing the successful delivery of client work, design-centric operations, and personnel in a team. The primary functions include: partnering with design leadership and the Program Director to craft and implement design initiatives that align with established project delivery standards; driving excellent project outcomes in alignment with established scopes, timelines, and budgets for multiple, concurrent projects; incorporating 10up standards and processes in the delivery of client work; managing personnel assigned to a team; expertly collaborating with discipline directors and the Accounts team to deliver on client expectations; and managing to established production metrics (billable targets, forecasting accuracy, etc.).
The Design Team Lead reports directly to the Program Director.
- Proactively maintain accurate forecasts using established resource forecasting tools for all active client work.
- Collaborate with other discipline and delivery leadership to establish proper resourcing workflows and guidelines for the design discipline.
- Collaborate with design leadership to expand and document service offerings.
- Work closely with production teams to continuously assess and improve design processes and tools.
- Directly manage 7 – 12 production team members within the design discipline in the delivery of client work and in alignment with established production metrics.
- Conduct regular one on ones (once a week) with direct reports with an emphasis on continuously improving project approaches and outcomes, skill building, as well as an individual’s overall performance.
- Collaborate with the Design Director to mentor and advance talent assigned to the team.
- Provide regular verbal and written feedback to direct reports, celebrating successes and clearly defining any misalignments with expectations. Escalate thematic or recurring performance issues to immediate manager and design leadership for resolution.
- Review / approve PTO requests for all direct reports and ensure project delivery schedules / resourcing are adjusted accordingly.
- Contribute to the compilation and delivery of performance reviews for all direct reports.
- Contribute to Performance Improvement Plans (PIPs) for direct reports as necessary.
- Perform weekly timesheet reviews for all direct reports, identifying and reporting on areas of concern such as billability, excessive weekly burn, and / or inaccurate / poor time entries.
- Monitor billable performance for all production personnel and collaborate with direct manager to align individuals with established targets, leveling up individual availability to immediate manager and the Resourcing Coordinator for resolution.
- Serve as a direct contributor on 1 – 6 active client projects.
- Expertly leverage 10up tools, standards, and processes in all client work. Maintain highly collaborative relationships with discipline directors to achieve elite project outcomes.
- Demonstrate consultative value to help clients achieve defined business goals and outcomes.
- Demonstrate client expectation management across active client work, minimizing delivery-centric escalations to the Accounts team.
- Drive client satisfaction and encourage account growth through repeated project delivery successes, strategic differentiation, and proactive partnership with Accounts to identify and confirm additional work opportunities.
- Maintain a predetermined billable utilization, typically 20 hours per week (50%).
- Understanding of 10up’s core services and ability to leverage these disciplines to deliver successful outcomes. A demonstrated understanding of the WordPress platform is also required.
- Excellent application of 10up processes, standards, and tools at the team level.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, both internally and externally.
- 4+ years of project management experience delivering full scope web projects for enterprise clients, ideally in an agency environment.
- Demonstrated ability to lead high-performing, design teams.
Nice to have
- Familiarity with Google Apps, Teamwork, 10,000ft, and Harvest.
- Experience working with enterprise clients.
- Remote working experience.