Be a part of something great
10up is looking for an Executive Assistant comfortable with a fast paced and distributed (remote) environment, to support the President & Founder in a timely, independent, flexible, confidential, and positive manner.
This position is available for a Part-Time or a Full-Time schedule. We are currently only accepting applications for candidates in the Greater Sacramento area. Closer to Roseville, CA is preferred.
The Executive Assistant’s primary duties include supporting the President with scheduling and logistics, review of business documents and agreements, recording and organizing notes, preparing written communication, review and follow up on corporate “snail mail,” and various personal and business errands and administrative tasks.
The Executive Assistant must be comfortable with an evolving role that requires autonomy and some ambiguity. As a growing business, the nature of needed support will likely change as the company and executive priorities shift. An adjustment period and shared learning curve is expected, requiring creativity and thoughtfulness. Candidates dependent on thorough lists of detailed instructions and repetitive tasks are unlikely to succeed.
A successful candidate must be proactive and reliable, with superior communication and critical thinking skills, comfortable with casual and fast-paced communication (e.g. text message), and acting on assignments with limited direction. The ideal candidate has experience in an administrative or operational business role, experience working remotely, and is familiar with modern online collaboration tools such as Google Suite, Slack, and Zoom (to name a few). An active interest in seeking digital tools and solutions to streamline collaboration and workflow is a plus.
The Executive Assistant will also be required to visit and co-work with the President, in person, on an as-needed schedule, which is likely to be more regular in the first month in the position. As the President works from a home office, the Executive Assistant must be comfortable visiting and sometimes working from the President’s home. The President will provide a quiet, private working space, as needed.
Ultimately, the Executive Assistant must be able to identify and address the needs of the President, and perform administrative tasks to ensure our company’s workflow runs smoothly.
As a growing business, the ideal Assistant who executes the job with excellence will have opportunities to grow and seek other opportunities and advancement inside of the business. Exploration of other tracks and avenues for contribution can begin within 1 year, but the right candidate is prepared to perform at least 2 years in the Assistant capacity.
- Support scheduling and rescheduling of meetings and events for the President and other executives, as needed.
- Prepare private and public written communication and policy documentation, as needed.
- Review of documents and agreements for grammar, logic, and compliance, and clarity, as needed.
- Participation in select meetings, including preparation of formal agendas, recording of notes, and organization/summary of action items. May require limited travel from time to time.
- Manage social media postings on networks including Facebook and LinkedIn, in coordination with the President and Communications Manager.
- Support and prepare travel arrangements.
- Suggest more efficient ways to perform routine tasks and/or streamline collaboration and workflow.
- Collect, review, and follow up on all corporate “snail mail.”
- Provide local transit, e.g. airport drop off, meetings in Sacramento (company will reimburse mileage).
- Perform various personal and business errands, e.g. dry cleaning, organizing lunches, personal appointments, coffee runs, and so forth.
- Must be located in the Greater Sacramento, CA area (preferably closer to Roseville).
- Accessible during normal business hours, approximately 8 am to 5 pm PST; work can be performed on a flexible schedule.
- Superior time management skills, operating with independence and autonomy.
- Familiarity with online calendars and cloud systems.
- Strong communication skills (via phone, email, and in-person).
- Comfort with informal and direct communication, including text message.
- Experience and comfort exercising supreme discretion and confidentiality with sensitive company and personal information.
- Excellent organizational skills with an ability to think proactively and prioritize work.
- Access to personal transportation; company will reimburse atypical travel obligations (e.g. 15+ mile trips).
- Positive and professional attitude and demeanor, that seeks to minimize conflict; the behavior of the Executive Assistant reflects upon the President and entire organization.
- Receptive to feedback, and comfortable sharing upward feedback.
- High school degree; additional qualifications as Personal Assistant or Secretary are a plus.