Be a part of something great
Location: Remote – Americas (Open to applicants located anywhere in the Americas.)
Team Leads are a crucial part of our XD team and the beating heart of our pods of design teammates. This role has responsibilities in both individual project contribution and personnel management across a team of collaborative, cross-discipline professionals who have been pushing the boundaries of enterprise-level projects
You’ll have ownership and input on a combination of innovative, challenging projects and ongoing support engagements that are consistently purposeful, thoughtful, and intentional to meet the needs of users, align to business goals, resonate with audiences, and have significant visual impact.
As a leading digital agency, 10up’s client roster spans from innovative startups and impactful non-profits, to some of the biggest names in the industry, such as ESPN, Google, The New York Times Co., and The Nobel Prize Committee.
As a 10upper, you have options for flexible and alternative work schedules. Intentionally remote since day one, spanning six continents and 38+ countries, 10up fully embraces the benefits of distributed work.
- You bring 8+ years of experience delivering UX and UI design for content heavy, CMS-based web projects for enterprise clients, including experience in an agency environment; with a practical understanding of the WordPress platform and design disciplines such as content design, user experience, and visual design.
- You have experience managing direct reports across design disciplines (UX, UI, Content Design); leading collaborative team meetings and ensuring a healthy and engaged culture amongst your team.
- You have a strong affinity for design and practical knowledge of web design practices. You deeply understand the needs and motivations of designers both from a managerial standpoint and from a design process standpoint.
- You love a challenge - whether that be a complex project or client - you are at your best when creating and delivering strategic solutions.
- You possess superior project awareness at all times; proactively understanding project goals and scope, identifying risks and mitigation paths, and delivering thoughtful, comprehensive design strategy.
- You demonstrate a senior-level consultative, client-focused approach that emanates expertise, professionalism, and transparency.
- You have excellent verbal and written English communication skills, both internally and externally. You are comfortable engaging and working with members of leadership to resolve conflicts and/or risks.
What you will do:
- Manage a team of 5-8 direct reports across our core design disciplines (Content Design, User Experience, and Visual Design), including oversight of their project resourcing, professional development and general well-being.
- Work closely with Experience Design leadership to proactively and professionally raise and mitigate concerns with team members and/or projects within your pod.
- Act as the day-to-day Project Manager for 2-5 active projects; exhibiting an expert level ownership over all project scopes/plans, client meetings, written status updates, demos, risk management and iterative scope / expectation management. Successfully create and execute project plans to deliver fixed price, retainer, and T&M projects within expected timelines and budgets.
- Ensure superior quality deliverables by collaboratively engaging cross-discipline leadership, and enforcing rigorous QA processes and standards to provide end to end delivery and client satisfaction.
- Lead discovery engagements (onsite and remotely) that expertly define cross-discipline project requirements and that demonstrate an expert understanding of underlying client business goals and objectives. Consistently identify strategic opportunities to engage with the 10up Account Management Team and collaborate towards building strong, long-term client relationships
Benefits of interest:
- Multiple paid time off programs, including accrued PTO, parental leave, bereavement leave, and company holidays – including an all-company break from Christmas Eve to New Years Day.
- Health, dental, and life insurance programs (available for United States team members).
- Retirement contribution programs (currently available in the U.S. and U.K.).
- $3,000 USD accrued annually in professional development budget for you to spend on conferences, training, or to buy back time for programs like independent study.
- Flexible and alternate schedule programs - including options for 4-day work week (Monday-Thursday) configurations.
- Global Company summits – opportunities to meet, socialize and learn with fellow 10uppers in person at remarkable destinations.
- An end-of-year all-hands bonus program, along with smaller opportunities for recognition throughout the year.
The expected annual salary range for this position is between $85,000 and $120,000 USD. Compensation is determined based on a variety of factors including relevant experience, other job related qualifications/skills, geographic location, and business needs.
Join our team!
If you are passionate about 10up's mission and think you have what it takes to be successful in this role even if you don't check all the boxes, please apply. We'd appreciate the opportunity to personally review your application. Everyone gets a response.
Read more about What to Expect through our Recruiting process.
We don't want you to miss any communication from us! To ensure you receive updates on your application, please add [email protected] to your contacts list!