Be a part of something great
10up is an award-winning full-service digital agency with a customer-centric service model and unrivaled leadership in open platforms and tools for digital makers and content creators. 10up’s services include user experience and interactive design, content strategy and creation, website and app engineering, SEO and online revenue strategy, and managed services. Our 250+ distributed team members provide end-to-end digital project expertise.
10up has a diverse client roster that includes Fortune 500 companies, influential content publishers, innovative startups, and impactful nonprofits. We’ve worked with some of the biggest names in the industry, such as Facebook, Google, Microsoft, Starbucks, ESPN, The New York Times Co., and Walmart.
10up has been leading the remote workforce movement for 10+ years. Our teams are distributed across six continents and 29 countries. All of our positions are fully remote (and always will be), and are open to applicants all around the world.
Lead Content Designers at 10up are experts in content strategy and highly reliable content producers. They excel at creating sense from the ambiguous and complex, which makes them trusted partners to clients and their project teams alike. They typically partner directly with clients on strategy, plan and execute activities on complex projects, guide more junior designers, and collaborate with project leadership.
Lead Content Designers are expected to produce high-quality content deliverables with minimal supervision and work closely with UX, Visual Design, and Engineering teams. While they may spend time digging into copywriting and production work, they are also expected to guide design activities on projects and understand the cross-disciplinary implications of content strategy decisions.
This role is fully remote and is open to applicants located anywhere around the globe.
- Demonstrate content design’s impact by educating peers and stakeholders on the purpose and value of proposed content work, and communicating rationale for content decisions
- Conduct content and/or audience testing and research, owning the process from proposal and planning to synthesis, output, and application
- Perform content inventories and audits, driving content disposition efforts
- Document and evaluate complex content ecosystems, identifying opportunities, risks, and gaps
- Define complex content structures (e.g. information architecture, taxonomies, content models, content relationship diagrams, etc.) and processes (e.g. editorial and publishing workflows, governance models, collaboration tools, delivery strategies, etc.)
- Lead content production efforts, including copywriting, copy editing, onboarding content contributors, and creating content briefs and copy decks
- Lead the establishment of client editorial style and standards
- Collaborate with UX, visual design, and engineering on design deliverables, prototypes, and production-ready web experiences
- Drive client content operations, governance, and globalization strategies
- Consistently and proactively build long-term and highly productive working relationships across disciplines at 10up and with our clients
- Lead by example, inspiring and motivating colleagues and clients through collaboration, curiosity, and empathy
- Provide strategic partnership to clients, looking beyond table stakes and stated scope for opportunities to deepen impact and improve outcomes
- Provide coaching or mentorship to junior and/or cross-disciplinary colleagues
- Experience working with enterprise-level clients
- Experience driving collaboration across disciplines
- 4+ years experience in content design, content strategy, content marketing, UX design, UX writing, or similar field
- Strong communication (written and verbal), active listening, and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrable ability to consistently estimate work accurately
- Portfolio of impactful work and the ability to articulate what made it successful (or not)
- Collaborative, self-motivated, “always-learning” spirit
- Experience and comfort working in a fast-paced, digital agency environment across multiple workgroups and with multiple concurrent projects
Nice to have
- Experience with WordPress as a platform (including custom post types, taxonomies, and use of WordPress beyond typical “blog” use cases), or similar experience with a different CMS plus some familiarity with WordPress
- A UX design background
- Remote work experience
- The correct opinion of the Oxford comma