Be a part of something great
10up is an award-winning full-service digital agency with a customer-centric service model and unrivaled leadership in open platforms and tools for digital makers and content creators. 10up’s services include user experience and interactive design, content strategy and creation, website and app engineering, SEO and online revenue strategy, and managed services. Our 250+ distributed team members provide end-to-end digital project expertise.
10up has a diverse client roster that includes Fortune 500 companies, influential content publishers, innovative startups, and impactful nonprofits. We’ve worked with some of the biggest names in the industry, such as Facebook, Google, Microsoft, Starbucks, ESPN, The New York Times Co., and Walmart.
10up has been leading the remote workforce movement for 10+ years. Our teams are distributed across six continents and 29 countries. All of our positions are fully remote (and always will be).
10up is seeking a Lead Quality Assurance Specialist to join our growing Quality Assurance practice. You’ll be responsible for carrying out manual, visual and functional testing throughout the software development lifecycle on large, complex builds for cornerstone clients – ensuring that we not only meet defined requirements, but that we consistently deliver the highest quality experience for our end users.
As an ideal candidate, you will apply critical thinking, user empathy, adaptability, and an attention to detail such that you will be able to identify and offer preventative solutions to potential quality issues before they become problems. You will be comfortable embedded in and managing time against multiple parallel cross-functional delivery teams, embodying a continuous improvement mindset, and directly owning the success of QA across your projects.
- 6+ years of hands-on quality assurance experience testing web-based technology products.
- 4+ years experience specifically focused on quality assurance testing for web applications and software products, including cross-browser and cross-device testing -- emulated and on-device.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently on cross-functional project teams and to follow and iterate upon established QA processes and best practices.
- Proven experience testing within both Waterfall and Agile contexts, from project discovery through initial development and ongoing maintenance, and everything in between.
- Knowledge and familiarity with industry standard QA methodologies, processes, and tools.
- Experience authoring and presenting thoughtful test strategies with a focus on critical thinking and continuous improvement of test coverage and client delivery.
- Experience generating buy-in for test strategies in relatable and easy to understand formats for non-technical and cross-disciplinary audiences, across internal and client stakeholders.
Nice to have
- A strong familiarity with the WordPress ecosystem (e.g. knowledge of popular tools, plugins, frameworks, best practices, and conventions).
- Experience with automated testing frameworks (e.g. Cypress, Selenium, Puppeteer, PHPUnit, etc), philosophically and/or in implementation.
- Experience managing production teams in the delivery of client work and in alignment with established production metrics.
- Team leadership or personnel management experience in conducting 1:1s, delivering feedback, escalating performance issues, and delivering performance reviews.
- Remote working experience.