Be a part of something great
10up is an award-winning full-service digital agency with a customer-centric service model and unrivaled leadership in open platforms and tools for digital makers and content creators. 10up’s services include user experience and interactive design, content strategy and creation, website and app engineering, SEO and online revenue strategy, and managed services. Our 250+ distributed team members provide end-to-end digital project expertise.
10up has a diverse client roster that includes Fortune 500 companies, influential content publishers, innovative startups, and impactful nonprofits. We’ve worked with some of the biggest names in the industry, such as Facebook, Google, Microsoft, Starbucks, ESPN, The New York Times Co., and Walmart.
10up has been leading the remote workforce movement for 10+ years. Our teams are distributed across six continents and 29 countries. All of our positions are fully remote (and always will be), and are open to applicants all around the world.
Lead UX Designers at 10up are experts in their craft and are often asked to plan activities for and guide other designers on projects. At 10up, User Experience Designers work closely with Visual Designers and engineering to meet our clients’ goals. Qualified candidates will be experts in planning and executing user research, designing user flows, and planning architecture alongside these other disciplines. While we don’t expect candidates to be expert visual designers, we do expect Lead UX Designers to be very familiar with the visual design process and have the ability to help shape and guide visual design activities within a project context. Candidates should have experience working in an agency or similar environment and must be experienced in navigating the varied demands of clients, budgets, and timelines. If you’re ready to take ownership over the design of complex projects, we look forward to reviewing your application.
This role is fully remote and is open to applicants located anywhere around the globe.
- Lead workshops/discussions with clients, identifying strategies for leveraging web technologies in support of their content, customers, and business goals.
- Map information architectures, defining key content/object types and relationships between them, building a bridge of understanding between business, visual design, and engineering disciplines.
- Design and develop wireframes, user flows, functional specifications, and other representations to document and clarify that understanding.
- Collaborate with visual designers and front end engineers on visual design deliverables, interactive prototypes, and production-ready web experiences.
- Perform primary and secondary user research and persona development, as well as design and execute user tests or multivariate tests on prototypes and existing sites with a focus on converting insights from research and testing into actionable recommendations and design solutions.
- Consistently and proactively builds long-term, and highly productive working relationships across disciplines at 10up and with our clients.
- Create and communicate UX Design project plans that account for project constraints and client preferences.
- Represent 10up UX Design externally (e.g. conferences or publications).
- Proactively coach and mentor other 10uppers.
- Provide expert-level guidance on project deliverables and workflow to the project team.
- Support the UX Director and VP of Experience Design in process or growth initiatives.
- Recognize and pursue UX Design opportunities with existing and/or new clients with support of account development team members.
- At least five years experience with information architecture, interaction design, user experience design, or similar field.
- Experience and comfort working in a fast-paced, digital agency environment across multiple work groups and with multiple concurrent projects.
- Demonstrated ability to design and define user experiences from blank sheets of paper to sitemaps and wireframes to developed sites.
- Strong understanding of web interactions: patterns, best practices, common challenges website developers face and solutions to those challenges.
- Have a collaborative, self-motivated, "always-learning" spirit, driven to improve user experiences everywhere at all times through smart design and applied effort.
- Willingness to support occasional travel to client sites.
- Demonstrated experience providing expert-level guidance on project workflow and design deliverables that achieve the best possible project outcomes given a set of budget, timeline, and client constraints.
- Demonstrated experience working with colleagues and clients in a 100% remote environment including day-to-day communication and workshops.
- Experience with WordPress as a platform, including custom post types, taxonomies, and use of WordPress beyond typical “blog” use cases. Or similar experience with a different CMS (and at least some familiarity with WordPress).
- Experience migrating or building WordPress websites using the block based (“Gutenberg”) editor or similar experiences with a different CMS.
- Understanding of content strategy, publishing workflows, and content management platforms.
- Demonstrated history of mentoring, teaching, or guiding other designers.
Nice to have
- Experience with Figma and/or Sketch.
- Formal UX or design education.