Be a part of something great
10up is an award-winning full-service digital agency with a customer-centric service model and unrivaled leadership in open platforms and tools for digital makers and content creators. 10up’s services include user experience and interactive design, content strategy and creation, website and app engineering, SEO and online revenue strategy, and managed services. Our 250+ distributed team members provide end-to-end digital project expertise.
10up has a diverse client roster that includes Fortune 500 companies, influential content publishers, innovative startups, and impactful nonprofits. We’ve worked with some of the biggest names in the industry, such as Facebook, Google, Microsoft, Starbucks, ESPN, The New York Times Co., and Walmart.
10up has been leading the remote workforce movement for 10+ years. Our teams are distributed across six continents and 29 countries. All of our positions are fully remote (and always will be), and are open to applicants all around the world.
10up is seeking an experienced Senior Quality Assurance Specialist to join our growing Quality Assurance practice.
You’ll be responsible for carrying out manual, visual, and functional testing throughout the development lifecycle on large builds and ongoing retainers for high priority clients – ensuring that we not only meet defined requirements, but that we consistently deliver the highest quality experience for our users.
As an ideal candidate, you will apply critical thinking, user empathy, adaptability, and an attention to detail such that you will be able to identify and offer solutions to potential quality issues before they become problems. You will be comfortable embedded in and managing time against multiple parallel cross-functional delivery teams, and directly owning the success of QA across your projects.
This role is fully remote and is open to applicants who have time zone overlap with the United States.
- 4+ years of previous Quality Assurance experience for web-based technology projects.
- 3+ years experience specifically focused on quality assurance testing for web applications and software products, including cross-browser and cross-device testing -- emulated and on-device.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently on cross-functional project teams and to follow and iterate upon established QA processes and best practices.
- Proven experience testing within both Waterfall and Agile contexts, from initial development to ongoing maintenance, and everything in between.
- Knowledge and familiarity with industry standard QA methodologies, processes, and tools.
- Experience defining tests and reviewing test results with BrowserStack and other cross-platform testing tools.
- Eye for detail and a sense of design and user experience taste with regards to calling out bad experiences and visual inconsistencies.
- Comfortable with major computer and mobile operating systems, including Windows 10, Mac OS/X, iOS, Android, and the major browsers that operate on them (e.g. Safari, Firefox, Chrome).
- Experience writing detail-oriented test plans and test cases.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Rigorous attention to detail.
Nice to have
- A strong familiarity with the WordPress ecosystem (e.g. knowledge of popular tools, plugins, frameworks, best practices, and conventions).
- Experience with automated testing frameworks (e.g. Selenium, Puppeteer, PHPUnit, etc), philosophically and/or in implementation.
- Experience managing production teams in the delivery of client work and in alignment with established production metrics.
- Team leadership or personnel management experience in conducting 1:1s, delivering feedback, escalating performance issues, and delivering performance reviews.
- Remote working experience.