Be a part of something great
10up is an award-winning full-service digital agency with a customer-centric service model and unrivaled leadership in open platforms and tools for digital makers and content creators. 10up’s services include user experience and interactive design, content strategy and creation, website and app engineering, SEO and online revenue strategy, and managed services. Our 250+ distributed team members provide end-to-end digital project expertise.
10up has a diverse client roster that includes Fortune 500 companies, influential content publishers, innovative startups, and impactful nonprofits. We’ve worked with some of the biggest names in the industry, such as Facebook, Google, Microsoft, Starbucks, ESPN, The New York Times Co., and Walmart.
10up has been leading the remote workforce movement for 10+ years. Our teams are distributed across six continents and 29 countries. All of our positions are fully remote (and always will be), and are open to applicants all around the world.
Today, with 1M+ active installations and growing, Site Kit is one of the most popular plugins in the WordPress ecosystem. This is a unique opportunity to be part of a well-supported open-source project with a substantial lasting impact. Together with Google, we work as part of a tight-knit team to deliver the highest quality product we can. Site Kit has a very bright future ahead of it with big plans over the months and years to come.
This role is fully remote and is open to applicants located anywhere around the globe.
- Collaborating with the larger team to develop features, enhancements, and bug fixes for the Site Kit plugin.
- Converting acceptance criteria for tasks into written proposals for implementation.
- Addressing code review feedback and defending/explaining technical decisions made in code changes.
- Proactively opening new issues on GitHub as needed.
- Supporting QA for tasks of a primarily technical nature.
- Supporting testing of releases.
- Experience developing web-based applications using ES6/ES2015+ and React.
- Experience writing automated tests.
- Understanding of the core architectural concepts behind modern React, such as: state and data management, JSX, functional components, and hooks.
- Being collaborative, self-motivated, and an “always-learning” person, with a passion to create great web experiences.
- Experience using git and GitHub.
- Comfortable writing and speaking English.
Nice to have
- Experience in product development (particularly distributed software)
- Experience with Redux or similar state management libraries.Bonus points for experience with @wordpress/data
- Experience with Jest and React Testing Library.
- Experience with Storybook.
- Experience with Material design.
- Experience developing WordPress plugins or themes. Bonus points for experience creating custom Gutenberg blocks.
- Experience in the understanding of HTML and CSS including cross-browser compatibility, performance and WCAG accessibility compliance.
- Experience working remotely.
- Experience with agile methodologies and concepts.
- Experience working in the context of an open source project.
- Code-based portfolio (bonus points for open source repositories). Link us to your GitHub profile, upload a .zip, or both.