Be a part of something great
10up is working on a large-scale replatform for a multinational client in the pharmaceutical industry. We need contract UX design support in the Asia Pacific timezones from April – June, 2021.
This UX designer will work with client stakeholders from various markets on the following:
- Content audits
- Information architecture
- Content mapping and recreating key pages inside WordPress (using the block editor)
- Assist with coordinating and QAing work of content migration specialists
- Alignment between existing platform capabilities and stakeholder requests
- Documentation of any requested new features (e.g. annotated wireframes)
This position is client facing and we expect experience working directly with multiple sets of non-technical business executives with budget and timeline constraints. This project will span several countries throughout the Asia-Pacific region and we would like to see evidence of cross-cultural competency.
This position reports to the 10up Associate Director of Client Delivery for the project alongside 2-3 other UX and visual designers.
- Lead workshops/discussions with clients, identifying strategies for leveraging web technologies in support of their content, customers, and business goals.
- Map information architectures, defining key content/object types and relationships between them, building a bridge of understanding between business, visual design, and engineering disciplines.
- Design and develop wireframes, user flows, functional specifications, and other representations to document and clarify that understanding.
- Collaborate with visual designers and front end engineers on visual design deliverables, interactive prototypes, and production-ready web experiences.
- Perform primary and secondary user research and persona development, as well as design and execute user tests or multivariate tests on prototypes and existing sites with a focus on converting insights from research and testing into actionable recommendations and design solutions.
- Must be in a timezone with at least 4 hours of overlap with Japan.
- At least three years experience with information architecture, interaction design, user experience design, or similar field.
- Demonstrated ability to design and define user experiences from blank sheets of paper to sitemaps and wireframes to developed sites.
- Strong understanding of web interactions: patterns, best practices, common challenges website developers face and solutions to those challenges.
- Have a collaborative, self-motivated, "always-learning" spirit, driven to improve user experiences everywhere at all times through smart design and applied effort.
- Willingness to support occasional travel to client sites.
Nice to have
- Experience with WordPress as a platform, including custom post types, taxonomies, and use of WordPress beyond typical “blog” use cases.
- Experience and comfort working in a fast-paced, digital agency environment across multiple work groups and with multiple concurrent projects.
- Understanding of content strategy, publishing workflows, and content management platforms.
- Experience with Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, and InVision.
- Formal UX or design education.
- Remote working experience appreciated.