Really Simple Gallery Widget adds a widget to display images from the Media Library, no extra uploading or creating custom post types required. You can choose to show images from a specific post/page or the entire media library, and/or show only images attached to the post/page currently being viewed. Especially helpful if you create photo gallery pages using the built-in WordPress media library and just want to be able to display those images in a widget area.
- Add as many widgets as you want, wherever you want
- Display images from a specific post/page
- Display images from the entire Media Library
- Display images from the post/page currently being viewed
- Select a number of images
- Select any registered size in WordPress
- Display the images in ascending, descending, or random order
- Show or hide captions
- Link the images to the original file, post, anchor in the post, attachment page, or nothing. NOTE: If the image is not attached to a post, the file link will be used instead.
- Add a prefix to the link and image title (appears as a tooltip)
- Use a rel attribute for the link – great for lightboxes