Be a part of something great
10up is an award-winning full-service digital agency with a customer-centric service model and unrivaled leadership in open platforms and tools for digital makers and content creators. 10up’s services include user experience and interactive design, content strategy and creation, website and app engineering, SEO and online revenue strategy, and managed services. Our 250+ distributed team members provide end-to-end digital project expertise.
10up has a diverse client roster that includes Fortune 500 companies, influential content publishers, innovative startups, and impactful nonprofits. We’ve worked with some of the biggest names in the industry, such as Facebook, Google, Microsoft, Starbucks, ESPN, The New York Times Co., and Walmart.
10up has been leading the remote workforce movement for 10+ years. Our teams are distributed across six continents and over 30 countries. All of our positions are fully remote (and always will be), and are open to applicants all around the world.
The Audience Growth Strategist is part of our Audience Strategy team that helps 10up’s clients implement actionable strategies to positively impact and measure their business goals and desired audience outcomes.
This role is fully remote and is open to applicants located anywhere around the globe.
- Audit existing and in-development web properties against the most current SEO best practices, identifying opportunities for technical, on-page and content-focused improvements, and deliver and present written reports to client stakeholders with actionable recommendations.
- Help define SEO strategy and develop technical requirements to support SEO-friendly development. Conduct topical keyword research, competitive analysis, and A/B tests for client sites to develop recommendations for content, page structure, and site features.
- Define key metrics that align with client business goals, support and implement custom tracking using Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, and other analytics and business intelligence platforms.
- Support project teams by defining key metrics that align with client business goals and developing plans to track KPIs.
- Independently lead projects and consult with clients, collaborating with other Audience Strategists and discipline leadership where necessary..
- Deliver comprehensive work that answers key client and project questions, as well as the “why” behind thoughtful recommendations, presenting key data points to back up the diagnosis of issues.
- Take a data-driven approach to problem solving, with a focus on establishing clear metrics to measure success against. Take proactive steps to ensure accurate data tracking and provide consistent and meaningful strategic analysis.
- 5+ years of experience in roles with search engine optimization and/or analytics implementation and reporting at the forefront.
- Experience employing SEO to solve business problems and developing analytics reporting tied to business goals. Ability to utilize common SEO tools (e.g. Ahrefs, SEMRush, Screaming Frog, Sitebulb) and analytics platforms to effectively audit websites, presenting compelling recommendations and prioritizing improvements.
- Experience with setting up tracking, events, and custom dimensions in Google Analytics, and implementing through Google Tag Manager, as well as creating data visualizations with Google Data Studio.
- Excellent written and spoken English and grammar. Communication is concise, clear, and effective (e.g. inspires action).
- Ability to be proactive in seeking out cross-team feedback when crafting solutions to ensure recommendations are comprehensive and ready to implement.
- Ability to frame a problem in different ways, leveraging both qualitative and quantitative data to direct teams forward with strategies that ensure we're prioritizing and solving the right problems for our clients.
- Able to adapt to surprising conditions, changes, or client requests to keep a project on track and healthy. Can quickly divert from or iterate on processes to better serve client and project needs.
Nice to have
- Agency experience preferred.
- Experience with A/B and multivariate testing platforms including Optimizely and Google Optimize.
- Portfolio showcasing search engine optimization numbers and/or analytics experience.
- Experience with publishers is a plus.