Released last week, WordPress 6.1 (“Misha”) primarily delivers enhancements to the full site building experience in the Block Editor. The 6.1 release introduces a new default theme, Twenty Twenty-Three, and a suite of performance and usability improvements:
- Introduction of new content templates that can accelerate page creation.
- Block Template parts can now be defined in classic themes.
- Performance improvements including caching `WP_Query` database queries, priming caches in `REST API` and multisite network options queries, as well as new Site Health checks for Persistent Object Cache and Page Cache.
- Site Editor settings now sync across browsers and devices for each editor.
- Improved ability to select partial paragraphs within a block.
- The option to keep the list view of all blocks in a post on the left side as the default, as opposed to previously having to toggle it.