Be a part of something great
Directors of Account Strategy are responsible for owning and driving strategic partnerships for a set of client portfolios, working with day-to-day Account Strategists to foster growth through custom solutioning and top notch service.
Leveraging ones own experience and expertise at the day-to-day Strategy level, primary functions include: forming direct relationships with client partners, working with Account Strategists to build actionable strategic account plans that meet well understood client partner business needs; validating quality project outcomes in alignment with client and 10up delivery expectations; proactive personnel development, performance remediation, and escalation resolution; productive collaboration with other discipline directors and project teams to support expectation management and client satisfaction across projects.
Directors of Account Strategy report to the VP of Account Strategy.
- Accountable for maintaining positive, mutually beneficial relationships with clients, leading clients strategically and fostering account growth. Across all assigned accounts, takes the lead in cultivating their client portfolio, with support from day-to-day Account Strategists.
- Proactive monitoring and reporting on account performance and health across the group’s active client work, ensuring consistent, quality output against expectations.
- Support the creation and execution of the digital strategies and pitches for assigned clients.
- Review and provide feedback on cross-discipline Project Checkpoints throughout a project’s lifecycle.
- Work with Strategists & Group Leadership to report on and forecast account trends and performance.
- Participate in account check-ins and finalizing all related deliverables necessary to ensure outstanding client service in a timely and insightful manner.
- Act as a point of escalation for Strategists and clients.
- Drive proper adherence to 10up standards and processes with Account Strategists and project teams.
- Proactive identification of disconnects in service and client expectations before they become issues, then leads and motivates 10up team members to correct identified issues, without dependence on other leaders.
- Alongside other group directors, fosters a team culture of solution-based, consultative, and strategic thinking.
- Proactive personnel management & development
- Directly manage 3 – 4 Account Strategists, supporting overall client success and excellence in service, quality client work, and achievement of established production metrics.
- Pays attention to detail and thrives on numbers and analysis.
- Track record of effective management of numerous projects simultaneously.
- Driven to understand the big picture, and also provides hands-on support in developing, crafting and executing account plans alongside the project team.
- Extremely strong writing capabilities.
- Comfort and record of success managing a team of Account Managers and/or Project Managers.
- Strong analytical abilities.
Nice to have
Experience working in a digital agency — account management, project management, digital strategy, etc.
Experience collaborating with core internal disciplines, e.g. back and front end engineering, UX and visual design, ad strategy, and audience growth.
A strong familiarity with the WordPress and web development ecosystem, e.g. knowledge of popular tools, plugins, frameworks, best practices, and conventions.
Remote working experience appreciated.