Be a part of something great
Location: Remote – U.S. Aligned (Open to applicants located anywhere in U.S aligned time zones.)
The Associate Directors and Directors of Account Strategy at 10up are responsible for owning and driving strategic partnerships for a set of diverse, cross-industry client portfolios or a sizable pillar account spanning multiple departments and work streams. Directors work closely with project teams to foster client success and growth through creative thinking, consistently exceptional delivery, and outstanding service.
As an Account Strategy leader you’ll have ownership and autonomy across a combination of innovative, challenging projects and ongoing support engagements. Client portfolios span from startups and impactful nonprofits, to some of the biggest names in the industry; such as Politico, Microsoft, Meta, Google, The New York Times Co., and The Nobel Prize Committee.
Intentionally remote since day one, spanning six continents and 38+ countries, 10up fully embraces the benefits of distributed work. Join our team of collaborative, cross-discipline professionals who have been working together to push the boundaries of enterprise-level projects and deliver white glove service to our partners for over 12 years.
What you will do:
- Accountable for building and maintaining positive, mutually beneficial relationships with client partners, as well as leading the strategy and fostering growth.
- Across all assigned accounts, cultivate partner portfolios through a deep understanding of client business goals, 10up services, and account and industry trends.
- Understand team and production success metrics, and track ongoing performance against each in support of decision making at the account and business levels.
- Collaborate with other discipline leaders (e.g. back and front end engineering, UX and visual design, ad strategy, and audience growth) and project teams to shape new project opportunities, problem solve, support expectation management, and achieve client satisfaction.
- Participate in recruiting, interviewing, and vetting team talent to support continued discipline scaling / maturation.
- In some cases: Directly manage 1-3 Account Managers, supporting overall client success and excellence in service, quality client work, and achievement of established production metrics through proactive personnel development, performance remediation, and escalation resolution.
- You have experience as an Account Management or Project Management leader in a digital agency environment.
- You have experience managing and mentoring direct reports and/or coaching team members toward clear, successful outcomes. You coach with an emphasis on continuously improving strategic approaches and output, and building action plans with an understanding of an individual's strengths and areas of improvement.
- You are driven to understand the big picture vision of strategic account management, and also provide hands-on support in developing, crafting and executing specific, tactical account plans alongside the project team.
- You have a strong familiarity with the WordPress and web development ecosystem, e.g. knowledge of popular tools, plugins, frameworks, best practices, and conventions, and experience delivering full scope CMS-based website projects for enterprise clients.
Benefits of interest:
- Individual growth and advancement opportunities, supported by leaned-in discipline managers and leadership.
- Multiple paid time off programs, including accrued PTO, parental leave, bereavement leave, and company holidays – including an all-company break from Christmas Eve to New Years Day.
- Health, dental, and life insurance programs (available for United States team members).
- Retirement contribution programs (currently available in the U.S. and U.K.).
- $3,000 USD accrued annually in professional development budget for you to spend on conferences, training, or to buy back time for programs like independent study.
- Global Company summits – opportunities to meet, socialize and learn with fellow 10uppers in person at remarkable destinations.
An end-of-year all-hands bonus program, along with smaller opportunities for recognition throughout the year.
The expected annual salary range for this position is between $110,000 and $150,000 USD. Compensation is determined based on a variety of factors including relevant experience, other job related qualifications/skills, geographic location, and business needs.
Join our team!
If you are passionate about 10up's mission and think you have what it takes to be successful in this role even if you don't check all the boxes, please apply. We'd appreciate the opportunity to personally review your application. Everyone gets a response.
Read more about What to Expect through our Recruiting process.
We don't want you to miss any communication from us! To ensure you receive updates on your application, please add [email protected] to your contacts list!