Be a part of something great
10up is an award-winning full-service digital agency with a customer-centric service model and unrivaled leadership in open platforms and tools for digital makers and content creators. 10up’s services include user experience and interactive design, content strategy and creation, website and app engineering, SEO and online revenue strategy, and managed services. Our 250+ distributed team members provide end-to-end digital project expertise.
10up has a diverse client roster that includes Fortune 500 companies, influential content publishers, innovative startups, and impactful nonprofits. We’ve worked with some of the biggest names in the industry, such as Facebook, Google, Microsoft, Starbucks, ESPN, The New York Times Co., and Walmart.
10up has been leading the remote workforce movement for 10+ years. Our teams are distributed across six continents and 29 countries. All of our positions are fully remote (and always will be), and are open to applicants all around the world.
The Account Strategy Directors are responsible for owning and driving strategic partnerships for a set of diverse, cross-industry client portfolios or a sizable pillar account spanning multiple departments and work streams. Directors work closely with day-to-day Account Strategists and production teams to foster client success and growth through creative thinking and outstanding service.
Leveraging a foundation of experience and expertise in successful digital account and/or project management, primary functions include: establishing and nurturing direct relationships with client partners; working with Account Strategists and project teams to build actionable strategic account plans that align with well understood client partner business goals; validating quality project outcomes in alignment with client expectations and 10up craftsmanship; qualifying and cultivating new opportunities; forecasting account trends and performance; proactive personnel development, performance remediation, and escalation resolution; productively collaborating with other discipline leaders (e.g. back and front end engineering, UX and visual design, ad strategy, and audience growth) and project teams to support expectation management and client satisfaction across projects.
The Associate Director and Director roles are vital as they directly influence the happiness and growth of everything from account management personnel to client success. Associate Directors and Directors of Account Strategy report to the VP of Account Strategy.
This role is fully remote and is open to applicants located anywhere around the globe.
- Accountable for maintaining positive, mutually beneficial relationships with client partners, leading the strategy and fostering growth at the account and business levels.
- Across all assigned accounts, drive cultivation of partner portfolios through a deep understanding of business goals, with support from day-to-day Account Strategists.
- Participate in account check-ins, and support the creation and execution of digital strategies and pitches for assigned client partners.
- Proactively monitor and report on account performance and health across the group’s active assignments, ensuring consistent, quality output against expectations.
- Identify disconnects in service and client expectations before they become issues, then lead and motivate 10up team members to correct identified issues.
- Review and provide feedback on cross-discipline project milestones and deliverables throughout a project’s life cycle in support of 10up’s quality standards.
- Drive proper adherence to 10up standards and processes with Account Strategists and project teams.
- Work with Strategists & other leaders to report on and forecast account trends and performance in support of meeting company performance metrics.
- Acts as a point of escalation for Strategists and clients.
- Alongside other group directors, fosters a team culture of solution-based, consultative, and strategic thinking.
Proactive Personnel Management & Development:
- Directly manage 1-3 Account Strategists, supporting overall client success and excellence in service, quality client work, and achievement of established production metrics.
- Conduct regular 1:1s with direct reports with an emphasis on continuously improving strategic approaches and outcomes, as well as each individual’s overall performance.
- Nurture the long-term growth and development of client strategy personnel through proactive goal setting, director-level coaching, and allocation of professional development funds.
- Ensure regular verbal and written feedback loops, celebrating successes and identifying areas of improvement.
- Oversee compilation and delivery of performance reviews with support from the VP of Account Strategy, and in collaboration with discipline directors, to ensure comprehensive feedback / evaluations.
- Serve as the first point of internal escalation when an Account Strategist’s (direct report) performance fails to align with expectations (work quality, consultative value, conduct). Work with the VP of Account Strategy to craft and deliver effective verbal and written feedback.
- Develop, deliver, and execute Performance Improvement Plans (PIPs) to address and remediate continued employee performance issues. Align PIP progress and expectations with the VP of Account Strategy.
- Serve as the initial point of contact for policy questions. Facilitate understanding of policies, address concerns, and escalate as needed.
- Participate in recruiting, interviewing, and vetting PM talent to support continued discipline scaling / maturation.
- Digital agency experience as an Account Management or Project Management leader.
- Pays attention to detail and excels at data analysis and forecasting.
- Track record of effective management of numerous projects simultaneously.
- Driven to understand the big picture vision of strategic account management, and also provides hands-on support in developing, crafting and executing specific, tactical account plans alongside the project team.
- A strong familiarity with the WordPress and web development ecosystem, e.g. knowledge of popular tools, plugins, frameworks, best practices, and conventions.
- Experience with personnel management, or at a position in career growth where you are ready to take on personnel management responsibilities.
- Extremely strong written and verbal communication skills.
- While applied technical knowledge is not required, general comfort with and familiarity of modern digital / web concepts and technologies is strongly preferred.