Senior Front End Developer
Be a part of something great
Location: Remote – Anywhere (Open to applicants located anywhere around the globe.)
At 10up, we call developers like you engineers because you aren’t just a “coder”: you’re an innovative problem solver that uses web programming skills to divine smart, creative solutions to client challenges. Join a top-in-the-field team of 35 front-end engineers that is pushing the boundaries of WordPress by delivering web experiences for some of the biggest names in the industry, such as ESPN, Google, The New York Times Co., Microsoft, and The Nobel Prize Committee.
As a 10upper, you have options for flexible and alternative work schedules. Intentionally remote since day one, spanning six continents and 40 countries, 10up fully embraces the benefits of distributed work.
What you will do:
- Support knowledge-sharing by mentoring and providing code reviews.
- Bring art direction to life on the web through quality craftsmanship defined by performance, accessibility, maintainability, and aesthetic refinement on large-scale projects.
- Solve complex problems in simple yet elegant ways.
- Ultimately you will make the web better by finely crafting websites, apps, and tools that reach millions of online visitors every day.
- You love perfecting your skills in cross-browser/device front-end engineering through crafting custom UI components in either React or a WordPress (block editor) stack.
- You have a code portfolio of real-world samples showcasing your technical abilities. Link us to your best custom work on GitHub and you’ll never have to do any live coding or whiteboard testing!
- You are comfortable talking to clients and team members to clearly present your thoughts.
- You’re proficient at building coded style guides and creating highly componentized systems.
- You prefer to work fully remote and are effectively engaging in a distributed team from the location of your choosing.
Benefits of interest:
- Multiple paid time off programs, including accrued PTO, parental leave, bereavement leave, and company holidays – including an all-company break from Christmas Eve to New Years Day.
- Health, dental, and life insurance programs (available for United States team members).
- Retirement contribution programs (currently available in the U.S. and U.K.).
- Flexible and alternate schedule programs - including options for 4-day work week (Monday-Thursday) configurations.
- $3,000 USD accrued annually in professional development budget for you to spend on conferences, training, or to buy back time for programs like independent study.
- Global Company summits – opportunities to meet, socialize and learn with fellow 10uppers in person at remarkable destinations.
- An end-of-year all-hands bonus program, along with smaller opportunities for recognition throughout the year.
- A Director of Engineering that supports your career growth and development.