Be a part of something great
The Senior Revenue Growth Strategist is responsible for developing monetization strategies and initiatives for all 10up clients. They are expected to leverage data to inform, recommend, and implement revenue-driving opportunities. Developing long-term roadmaps, critical requirements, and leading the consistent evolution of revenue-driving strategies are the core of this position’s day-to-day responsibilities. The person in this role has demonstrated success in implementing and optimizing a broad range of digital monetization tactics. The Senior Revenue Growth Strategist will report to the Associate Director of Revenue and the Director of Audience & Revenue.
- Develop and drive the monetization strategy of multiple projects across a variety of industries and business models.
- Meet with client stakeholders to identify and define the measurable business goals driving the client’s project. Collaborate with project leadership to identify the most impactful and efficient opportunities that directly impact those goals.
- Work with clients, third parties, and client teams to proactively measure the comprehensive impact of related efforts on revenue performance e.g. UX/design updates, technical performance, feature updates, and ad logic.
- Configure and integrate third-party exchanges/bidders and client’s ad manager to optimize revenue.
- Provide strategic recommendations beyond standard display to maximize digital/web revenue, including reader revenue (memberships, subscriptions, paywalls), data monetization, ecommerce, and other opportunity-specific strategies.
- Collaborate with visual and UX design staff to provide thoughtful monetization strategies that balance revenue and experience design goals.
- Review and debug ad code to ensure tracking, targeting, and ad servers are working properly together to maintain a steady/stable stream of revenue for 10up clients.
- Regularly evaluate platform performance and industry trends to proactively identify new opportunities and needs for 10up clients
- Document ad specifications and technical requirements for production teams, providing support and quality assurance ahead of major releases and/or launches.
- Educate teams and clients on the strategies and tools used to drive client revenue.
- Contribute internal and external storytelling focused on sharing the strategy and its success with a larger audience via blog posts, case studies, presentations, etc.
- Proven ability to distill business goals into clear and meaningful metrics and segments for clients across a wide variety of industries.
- Demonstrated success with monetization strategies outside of standard display - e.g. reader revenue (paywalls, subscriptions), native content, etc. — Experience with e-commerce and lead generation are a bonus.
- Experience leveraging data from multiple platforms like Google Analytics, Google Ad Manager, and other marketing platforms to provide accurate and thoughtful insights and attribution models..
- Strong understanding of core web analytics metrics and dimensions, able to answer questions and develop hypotheses about user behavior on specific types of content quickly and confidently.
- At least four years experience implementing and managing digital monetization systems for enterprise-level clients.
- Case studies that demonstrate a combination of successful strategy and data driven analysis to qualify the success of said strategy.
- Passion to improve the digital media ecosystem.
- Consistently leverage a solutions-focused mindset to productively collaborate with clients, teams, and third party vendors to efficiently solve problems and move teams forward.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills, including the ability to communicate clearly with internal teams and clients across a variety of media e.g. video conferences, Slack, in-person, etc.
Nice to have
- WordPress experience preferred.
- Ability to understand ad-serving technology and even code.
- Agency experience or experience balancing multiple projects and priorities.
- Experience optimizing lead generation funnels.
- Familiarity with Google Docs, Teamwork (project management tools)
- Experience with time tracking.
- Experience working in a distributed environment appreciated.