Be a part of something great
10up is an award-winning full-service digital agency with a customer-centric service model and unrivaled leadership in open platforms and tools for digital makers and content creators. 10up’s services include user experience and interactive design, content strategy and creation, website and app engineering, SEO and online revenue strategy, and managed services. Our 250+ distributed team members provide end-to-end digital project expertise.
10up has a diverse client roster that includes Fortune 500 companies, influential content publishers, innovative startups, and impactful nonprofits. We’ve worked with some of the biggest names in the industry, such as Facebook, Google, Microsoft, Starbucks, ESPN, The New York Times Co., and Walmart.
10up has been leading the remote workforce movement for 10+ years. Our teams are distributed across six continents and 29 countries. All of our positions are fully remote (and always will be), and are open to applicants all around the world.
This role is fully remote and is open to applicants located anywhere around the globe.
- Develop complex WordPress plugins and/or themes primarily using PHP.
- Mentor engineers and provide code reviews.
- Drive strategy and lead back end technical vision for large projects.
- Leverage WordPress APIs and extend the WordPress admin experience.
- Solve complex problems in simple ways.
- Solve bugs and address client issues in a fast-paced environment.
- Juggle current projects with incoming tasks.
- Respond directly to clients courteously and clearly.
- Solve client challenges with understanding and empathy.
- Test solutions across multiple browsers and platforms in a local testing environment.
- Deploy changes to live servers.
- Assist in the remediation, enhancement, and maintenance of client sites.
- At least five years experience in back end focused web development.
- Ability to expertly debug performance and caching issues.
- Code portfolio. Link us to your GitHub account, upload a .zip, or both.
- Experience using Git.
- Ability to setup a local environment for testing PHP code.
- Proficiency in verbal and written English.
- Ability to communicate professionally with technical and non-technical colleagues and clients.