Excitement abounds at 10up as our team prepares to descend on Portland for 3 days for our first Developer Summit. We’ve finalized a fantastic schedule of topical workshops, where the team will focus on adapting and strengthening our collaborative project engineering practices.
Rather than adopting the speaker oriented structure of a standard conference, we’re breaking things down into multiple hour long workshops, in which a short presentation by a designated expert will be followed by hands on application by every engineer on the team. Each day, when we walk out of the door, we’ll have gained valuable experience that can be applied immediately to client projects.
We’re also excited to simply hang out as a team. This will be the second time we’ve gathered in whole and we have quite a bit planned – including a 10up community social! (Details to come)
As we progress through our workshops, we’ll be documenting as much as possible and will be looking to pass knowledge back to the community. Keep an eye on 10up.com and our Twitter and Facebook streams for updates. Take a look at our schedule below, and if this summit sounds like something you would love to be a part of – we’re always looking for great hires!
10up Developer Summit Schedule
Wednesday April 3rd
- 08:00 – 08:30 Introduction to Summit (Jeremy Felt / Carl Danley)
- 08:30 – 09:30 Roundtable: Current Development Workflow
- 09:30 – 12:00 Vagrant Par 1 (Jeremy Felt / Zach Brown)
- 12:00 – 13:00 Lunch
- 13:00 – 14:30 Vagrant Part 2 (Jeremy Felt / Zach Brown)
- 14:30 – 15:00 Jumping Jacks?
- 15:00 – 18:00 PHP Unit Testing (Eric Mann / John Bloch)
Thursday April 4th
- 08:30 – 09:00 Day Introduction (Jeremy Felt )
- 12:00 – 13:00 Lunch
- 13:00 – 15:00 Collaboration with a focus on Git (Taylor Lovett / Drew Jaynes)
- 15:00 – 15:30 Calisthenics?
- 15:30 – 17:30 Grunt, Sass, and Less (Taylor Dewey / Chris Cochran / Kelly Dwan)
Friday April 5th
- 08:30 – 09:00 Day Introduction
- 09:00 – 11:00 Responsive Design & Semantic HTML (Tammy Hart/ Luke Woodward)
- 11:00 – 12:00 Working with WordPress.com VIP (Daniel Bachhuber, Automattic)
- 12:00 – 13:00 Lunch (Walk to food carts or other spots)
- 13:00 – 14:00 Engineering Clients (Jake Goldman)
- 14:00 – 17:00 Roundtable Review of 10up Standards