Adds an avatar upload field to user profiles if the current user has media permissions. Generates requested sizes on demand just like Gravatar! Simple and lightweight.
Just edit a user profile, and scroll down to the new “Avatar” field. The plug-in will take care of cropping and sizing!
- Stores avatars in the “uploads” folder where all of your other media is kept
- Has a simple, native interface
- Fully supports Gravatar and default avatars if no local avatar is set for the user – but also allows you turn off Gravatar
- Generates the requested avatar size on demand (and stores the new size for efficiency), so it looks great, just like Gravatar!
- Let’s you decide whether lower privilege users (subscribers, contributors) can upload their own avatar
- Enables rating of local avatars, just like Gravatar