Simple Local Avatars 2.0 for WordPress
Add an avatar upload field to user profiles. Generate requested sizes on demand, just like Gravatar.
Adds an avatar upload field to user profiles if the current user has media permissions. Generates requested sizes on demand just like Gravatar! Simple and lightweight.
Just edit a user profile, and scroll down to the new “Avatar” field. The plug-in will take care of cropping and sizing!
Unlike other avatar plug-ins, Simple Local Avatars:
- Stores avatars in the “uploads” folder where all of your other media is kept
- Has a simple, native interface
- Fully supports Gravatar and default avatars if no local avatar is set for the user
- Generates the requested avatar size on demand (and stores the new size for efficiency), so it looks great, just like Gravatar!
- Let’s you decide whether lower privilege users (subscribers, contributors) can upload their own avatar