Is 10up hiring Senior Project Managers? Yes!
As we continue to add inspiring, award-winning clients to our roster, we continue to expand the 10up team. We can’t deliver outstanding client experiences and websites without first-class project managers at the helm, so while we continue to hire across our disciplines, we’re especially focused on adding qualified Senior Project Managers.
If you want to work with some of the biggest brands on the web with industry leading talent, let’s talk. Start by downloading the Senior Project Manager job description (or read on), and visit our Careers page to learn more about working at 10up. When you’re ready to apply, send your résumé and cover letter to [email protected].
Senior Project Manager Job Description
Senior Project Managers are responsible for managing the successful delivery of client work. The primary functions of Senior Project Managers include: driving excellent client outcomes in alignment with established scopes, timelines, and budgets for multiple, concurrent projects; incorporating 10up standards and processes in the delivery of client work; and expertly collaborating with discipline directors and the Accounts team to deliver on client expectations.
Senior Project Managers report to (Senior) Team Leads.
- Craft expert, strategic project plans and task breakdowns with input from team members and discipline leadership. Project plans should incorporate iterative milestones, illuminate project risks, align delivery with set timelines and budgets, and account for resourcing availability. All task breakdowns should have discrete estimates.
- Successfully execute project plans by exhibiting ownership of task assignments to assigned project personnel, proactively removing blockers, and ensuring alignment of production output with expected milestones.
- Deliver fixed price, retainer, and T&M projects within expected timelines and budgets.
- Act as the day-to-day Project Manager for 4 – 7 active client projects, exhibiting senior-level ownership over all client meetings, written status updates, demos, and iterative scope / expectation management.
- Possess superior project awareness at all times, proactively tracking project budget and scope, identifying risks and mitigation paths, and delivering thoughtful, routine, comprehensive client updates.
- Ensure superior quality deliverables by engaging cross-discipline leadership, enforcing rigorous QA processes and standards, and taking senior-level ownership of end to end delivery and client satisfaction.
- Leverage 10up tools, standards, and processes in all client work. Maintain highly collaborative relationships with discipline directors to achieve elite project outcomes.
- Lead discovery engagements (onsite and remotely) that expertly define cross-discipline project requirements.
- Translate requirements into comprehensive project approaches / plans that align with established timelines and budgets and can be executed successfully by project teams. Collaborate with Accounts to develop scopes of work following discovery.
- Demonstrate an expert understanding of underlying client business goals and objectives. Consistently identify strategic opportunities to engage with the 10up Account Management Team and collaborate towards building strong, long-term client relationships.
- Demonstrate a senior-level consultative, client-focused approach that emanates expertise, professionalism, and transparency.
- Maintain project forecasts in 10up’s established resource forecasting tool, collaborating with Team Leads to adjust resourcing plans as necessary.
- Deliver verbal and written project-centric feedback to personnel, celebrating successes and identifying any misalignments with expectations. Consistently provide visibility to the Team Lead when delivering this feedback.
- Collaborate with Financial Manager to prepare invoices for all assigned project work.
- Maintain an average minimum of 34 hours / week (85%) of billable work.
- An understanding of core 10up services and ability to leverage these disciplines to deliver successful client outcomes. A basic familiarity with the WordPress platform is required; candidates with strong familiarity and experience shipping projects on the platform will be strongly preferred.
- A commitment to excellent application excellent application of 10up processes, standards, and tools across projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, both internally and externally.
- 3+ years of project management experience delivering full scope web projects for enterprise clients, ideally in an agency environment.
Charlene Fedoroff on
Hi – What project methodologies are in use at 10up?
Jake Goldman on
We employ both Agile and more traditional waterfall methodologies (typically incorporating the spirit of small milestones and “sprints” into both approaches), depending on the type of engagement and project requirements.