Evaluating The Website Mobile Admin User Experience, A New Report From 10up
Consumers have become accustomed to optimized mobile experiences. Billions use popular apps — WhatsApp, Facebook, Messenger, Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube, Gmail, and Twitter — to perform small acts of publishing, like sharing content, editing photos, uploading videos, and inserting URLs. These applications deliver carefully constructed user experiences focused on a narrow set of specific content creation tasks.
But what does the mobile experience look like for those managing website content?
10up conducted a user experience study to understand how consumers are creating, publishing, and managing website content from mobile devices. The study included live user interviews and a survey of 148 qualified participants from 30 countries about their individual experiences using website admin dashboards on smartphones.
Our new report, Making The Website Mobile Admin More Productive, answers and analyzes questions such as:
- How does the admin experience vary across content management systems including WordPress, Drupal, Joomla, Expression Engine, Wix, and Weebly, from small screens to desktop views?
- What user behaviors are different between laptops and smartphones?
- How often are users logging into their website admin area to create content on desktop vs. a mobile device?
- What mobile devices are being used to access the website admin area?
- Once logged in on a mobile device, what content management tasks are being completed?
- What challenges are encountered when managing website content on a mobile device?
To download and read the full report, enter your email address below: