Four years ago, 10up came to life with a couple of clients, and a centrally located team of one. Today, our 100+ team of engineers, designers, and strategists span the globe, privileged to serve Fortune 500 (and 50… and 1…) clients, as well as an array of well respected startups and lesser known brands invested in first class technology solutions. Here are a few highlights since our last birthday:
- Continued to launch projects for renowned clients, like FiveThirtyEight: one of the most anticipated website launches in 2014.
- Launched our first product – and since pushed over 1 billion website notifications.
- Grew our full time team by 100%. More came aboard in the last 2 months than our entire 2nd year.
- Grew our revenue. We’ve invoiced more in the last 2 weeks than we earned our in our first year. We’ve collected more revenue in the last two months than we earned in our entire second year.
- Welcomed our first Chief Executive Officer.
- Launched a brand new 10up.com.
- Invested thousands of hours into open source projects, mostly WordPress. WordPress is our third largest client by effort. And that’s only the “company time.”
- Led the release of WordPress 4.0, saw our Director of Platform Experience promoted to a Lead Developer for the project, and kicked off leading WordPress 4.2.
- Open sourced and publicly released our engineering best practices. We’ve seen contributions from renowned Google experts, and community translations into languages like Japanese.
- Engineered an interactive holiday card projected in downtown San Francisco.
- Helped a hosting partner, WP Engine, build Mercury: the next generation of their platform.
- Graduated Varying Vagrant Vagrants (VVV) from a 10up project that has changed the way many develop locally to an open, external community project.
And yet, if you ask me, we’re still just warming up. Here’s to “many more.”